March 31, 2009
Dear Friends and Family,
I hope you are doing well and you are enjoying the spring season that has just began! The weather here in Târgu Mures, Romania certainly feels like spring as the temperature is getting warmer outside and yesterday it was time to put away my winter coat. Bine ai venit primavara! (Welcome spring!)
A Successful end to the Winter Term
On Friday March 27, we had the graduation for our winter term at the English school. We had great attendance as we were all packed tight into the lounge of the school downstairs! All of the teachers handed out certificates to their students for the completion of the passing of each student’s English level. Some students also received cups which is a special award they can keep for a term. The cups are given out to different students who have shown different accomplishments throughout the school term. We have five cups we give out: 1) written honours, 2) oral honours, 3) most conscientious student, 4) highest effort and 5) life and soul of the party. I was very proud of how my students did this term! I saw all of them greatly improve throughout the term in their English which is such a reward for a teacher.
New Partnership with Mission Organization
At the end of January my director at the mission base where I work at here in Romania shared with the team about his decision to transition to another umbrella mission organization. My director came to this decision as there were some issues with our previous organization we were with so it was necessary for the change. After many years with Global Outreach we were all sad to leave but after much prayer God led us to make this decision. On March 11, we officially partnered with Heaven Sent Ministries.
We are all very excited for this new partnership with our base here in Romania because we know that God has many good things in store for us here and we realize the importance of having an umbrella mission organization. On a daily basis this does not practically affect us. However, here are some areas there will be implications: they will be praying for us and we for them, finances from donors will be able to send through them (this only applies if you are an American), teams will come through them and they will also lead the recruitment process in the United States. Please check out their website: http://www.hsminc.org/. We are also praying and looking to partner with organizations that are based in Canada, Britain and Australia as we have quite an international team here and we feel it is important to partner with organizations that are from our home countries.
Growing Close to God
Over the last couple of months since I came back to Romania from my time in Canada God has been teaching me a lot of things and I would like to share a few of them with you. God has been speaking to me a lot lately of how my worth is not in “man” but it is in Him and I have to stop worrying about how people think of me and remember always who I am in Christ. Most of my life I have struggled with thinking lowly of myself and since I have been in Romania especially over the last couple of months God has told me numerous times that I have to stop doing this because this is not what God wants His children to do. I also realize I have to stop saying “I can’t” and start thinking and saying “I CAN”. God has been doing a transformation work not only in my heart but also in my mind. God has reminded me that He is my shelter and protection. God showed me a very simple image of an umbrella one morning as the umbrella shelters us from the rain to keep us dry it is the same with God. One morning in church God spoke to my heart so clearly and told me that I am a mighty warrior just like God called Gideon mighty warrior (Judges 6:12b). God has been continually reminding me that He has called me by name and He is my Abba Father. There are many other things that God has teaching and showing me but if I were to write them all I wouldn’t have the space for it! I praise God for everything He is doing in my life and for all of His goodness!
- I give God praise that the winter term had a successful finish both with the student’s improvements in their English and also for the improved behaviour in the children.
- I give God praise for His divine direction in leading us into new partnership with Heaven Sent Ministries and also for Richard who will be joining us on our team starting in April!
- I praise God for all of the friends He has put into my life to encourage me to keep seeking after the Lord and also to not give up on my Romanian as well.
- For my Romanian language learning. Please pray for me God will daily increase my desire and motivation to communicate in the language and not to give up no matter what.
- For our final term at the English school of this school year to go well (April 6 – June 19).
- For God to increase the love and compassion in my heart for the children both at Rozmarin and Life and Light. It is my desire that the children will know in their hearts their value in Christ.
- For my personal relationship with God that I will continue to daily grow in Him for this is the passion in my heart to be all that He has created me to be.
My Contact info:
Address: Fundatia APT, Str. Horea nr 2, Targu Mures, 540020, Romania
Landline phone # 011. 40. 0365. 421. 294 (from Canada)
Financial support can be sent to: (please have my name written on the memo line)
In Canada: Christian Life Centre. 1030 Ravenscroft Rd, Ajax. ON L1T 4R9
In the States: Heaven Sent Ministries. P.O Box 5392 Princeton, WV 24740 – NEW info