Ministries outside of the School:
This is a special school for kindergarten and grade 1. The majority of the children are from the gypsy community. These children live with their families but I see it as a real ministry need because many of the children come from very broken homes and are starving for love and affection. I go to this school twice a week to teach English lessons through fun interactive activities but my deep desire and hope is that they would see God’s love through me as I spend time with them.
Specific Prayer Requests at Rozmarin:
- Please pray for Klara (she translates for me) and I as we go there every week and teach the children English. Please pray for strength and energy both of us because we are both very busy and sometimes we are tired when we go there. I would also like to ask for prayer that God would increase the love and compassion in our hearts as Klara and I go there that we would really just pour out God’s love to the children and have a clear sense of focus as we go there to minister to the children.
- Please pray for the children. All of them are behind in school and also developmentally as well. At Rozmarin every class has two teachers where they can get more help in school but next year the class I teach will be going to regular public school where they will not be getting extra help and they will also not be pick up by their school bus or be provided with school resources either which is a huge change for the children considering how much help they are getting now.
- For the children’s families. A lot of them come from broken homes where they grow up in poverty, lack of love and sometimes even abuse. Pray for God’s healing and restoration to touch each child and their family.
- For the teachers. I often see they have a difficult time teaching these children because they are behind in school and they have difficult time learning. Sometimes their behavior can be trying as they have a very short attention span. Please pray for the teachers to have more love, patience and understanding for the kids.
- Rozmarin just got a new principle at the school. Klara and I met the principle last week. She seems nice and we are able to continue to teach English classes there. Please pray for a continual open door of ministry both with English classes and also for future teams going there as well.
Life and Light
This is a group home for 23 orphan children. Most of the children are from the gypsy community. Some are there because they are actually orphans and have been abandoned but some are not. All of the children are there for various reasons. I go there once a week to spend time with them and show them love through playing with them, doing arts & crafts and just building relationships with them. It is own and run by Christians so I can freely share the gospel with the children there!
Specific Prayer Requests at Life and Light:
- Please pray for the volunteers and I as we go there every Friday afternoon that we will go there serving in unity, we would love them as God does and the Lord would give each of us a clear focus in what we are to be doing each time we go there as we minister to the kids.
- Pray that God would deepen the relationships we have with the children. I would really like to mentor some of them. This has been on my heart lately.
The volunteer team:
· Bek Madden Australian
· Rob Madden Australian
· Andrea Weber Canadian
· Mihai Cengher Romanian
· Simona Almasan Romanian
· Corina Hansan Romanian
· David Romanian
- Please pray for Corina and David’s salvation (they are students from the English school and have expressed interest in volunteering but at this point I don’t think they know Jesus as their personal Savior).
- For the children. Please pray for each of them that God would restore and heal their hearts from any feelings of rejection and abandonment they have gone through. Pray that they would know their value in Christ and that they will know God has accepted them and loves them very much. Some of the children are behind in school and also developmentally (physically, emotionally and mentally). Please pray for them that God would help them to grow and develop and they would be able to get to the developmental stage they are suppose to be at.
- For Magda. She used to live there but has just been adapted by a British Christian family in England last week. This will be a major change and adjustment she will be going through. She needs pray that God will help her through this time with living with her new family, going to school again, learning English, etc.
- For the directors (Lidia and Sapu) and the workers that God would continue to fill them with love and wisdom as they raise the children in the home.
- For God to continue to provide for all of the children’s needs. I know Lidia has expressed in the past how she is not sure how she is going to provide for some of the children’s basic needs or just the upkeep of house. They need to be reminded daily that God is caring take of everything of the home.
Thank-you for your prayers!