October 31, ‘09
Dear Friends and Family,
I hope you are doing well. We are definitely in the fall season now as the days are getting darker earlier, the weather is getting cooler and my favourite part of the season is when I see the leaves change colour.
My Kitten Minnie
This past summer God blessed me with a beautiful kitten to have here in Romania! I got her on June 16th and I named her Minnie. I am so thankful that God gave me a cat to have as my own because she has not only become a good companion but also a very good friend as well. Minnie is definitely a people cat because she doesn’t like to be alone and just loves to be around people. In the mornings she has a lot of energy as well as the evenings when I want to go to bed which is sometimes annoying when I want to sleep! She loves to play with balls, bags and her favourite toys are pipe cleaners. Ham has become one of her favourite snacks and she loves to drink water from the tap in the bathroom. She is quite a character sometimes!
In the short time that I have had Minnie we already had to go through two difficult instances both for her and for myself. One of my housemates (Evelyne) was away for three months this past summer so one of our friends stayed at our place for just over a month in her room. Anna who stayed at our place invited a girl into our apartment that she knew to stay for a couple of nights. Cristina and I both agreed but we hesitated to invite her in because she had been living on the streets but we did end up opening up our home to her. Unfortunately a week later I discovered my worst nightmare of having a pet! Minnie got fleas and I found this out a week before I left for camp too. When I washed her with the special flea shampoo for the first time it was awful and I cried a lot because they were all over her. Thankfully after a couple of weeks all the fleas were gone!
The second difficult instance I went through with my cat was this past month on Monday October 12th when I took her to the veterinary clinic to get her sterilizared as they call it in Romania or in Canada spayed. It was hard for me to see her go through that after her surgery. The surgery itself went well but the immediate recovery on Monday was difficult for me to watch her in the state she was in. Minnie was in a lot of pain that day, she was dizzy, she wouldn’t eat and she just wasn’t herself. I think sometimes I’m a bit too sensitive because I cried a lot for her that day. Thankfully by Wednesday of that week she was totally herself again when I saw that her appetite came back, she started to her run around and play again!
My Birthday Celebration!
On Thursday October 15th it was my 31st birthday. This was my third birthday I had in Romania and God blessed me with a great one! A couple of my students in my younger children’s class gave me flowers and chocolate. On my birthday my housemates Evelyne and Cristina blessed me with a little celebration at home. We ate cremeş which is one of my favourite Romanian desserts. On Friday I celebrated my birthday with my team. We went out to Atlantic restaurant for lunch and I had three surprised guests that came who were Evelyne, Cristina and my friend Geta! Becky my director made a delicious chocolate cake. I want to thank everyone who sent me cards, e-mails and greetings on facebook. It was so nice to be remembered on my birthday. What a blessing from God!
Half way point in the school term
This school term is going very well and it is also very busy too. The children seem to be enjoying their classes and the older children in my adventurers classes did very well on their midterm tests. I’m also very happy that the children’s behaviour is much better than last year which makes teaching them much more enjoyable. One of the social outreach events we had this fall term was paintball. On Saturday October 10th, we met at this field to play paintball which was the first time many students got the experience this activity as well as me too. We went into teams of four, wore covers for our clothes and got a paintball gun. I have to admit I wasn’t that excited about doing it at first but it was actually quite fun and it was also a good chance to get to know some of the students too!
- I praise God for my kitten and friend Minnie as well as for the quick recovery from her surgery!
- I praise God for giving me such a wonderful birthday and for all of the wonderful surprises He blessed me with for my birthday!
- I praise God that this term is going well and for all of the fun times we are having with our students. I’m also so grateful that my student’s behaviour is much better than last year too!
- I praise God for the conference I attended at my home church in Reghin last week and for everything God did in my life during the weekend.
- I would appreciate your continual prayers for my Romanian language especially in my fluency.
- I would appreciate your prayers for the rest of this school term to go well and also for the ministry with the children at Life and Light group home too.
- Please pray for the English school that I teach at it is in an urgent need of two more teachers for the January term especially for one new teacher to teach the children classes.
- I would appreciate your continual prayers for God’s clear guidance and direction in my life. I have received some direction which I will share more in my next month’s newsletter but now I just need faith and courage to walk through the doors God is opening up. I also need more of God’s peace and provision as I go through this transition time.
My Contact info:
Address: Fundatia APT, Str. Horea nr 2, Targu Mures, 540020, Romania
Landline phone # 011. 40. 0365. 421. 294 (from Canada)
My blog: http://romaniangirl98.spaces.live.com – Updated pictures on there! Check them out J
Financial support can be sent to: (please have my name written on the memo line)
In Canada: Christian Life Centre. 1030 Ravenscroft Rd, Ajax. ON L1T 4R9
In the States: Heaven Sent Ministries. P.O Box 5392 Princeton, WV 24740