God is sooooo good!! Today it was incredible of the bonding time I had with the kids and I realize going yesterday made such a difference and really broke a lot of barriers down because I had spent that free time bonding with them.
The past couple of days I have realized too since I have spent a lot more time with the children and families in Sabolciu that I often take so many things for granted in just my daily life like:
– To have hot water or even water period (Sabolciu is just getting their well finished this week or at the latest next week which is extremely exciting but until its finished they have to continue to take buckets to get their water at another place)
– To have shampoo to use to wash your hair (yesterday two of the girls asked me to bring them shampoo because they don’t own any)
– To have a variety of clothes (the families in Sabolciu don’t own very many clothes at all)
– To have a washing machine (the people in Sabolciu hand wash their clothes because they don’t own a washing machine)
– To have shoes (some children come outside without wearing shoes. Now I’m not sure if they have shoes or not but no child should go outside without shoes on their feet)
– To have enough living space (I have been anxiously waiting to get rid of this sofa bed I currently have in my main room so I can have more space but the average families in Sabolciu have only 2 rooms in their entire house! Can you believe it? One little room for a kitchen and the other room for the living room which turns into a “family bedroom” at night. Yep that’s right…a family bedroom. There are only one or two beds in the room which means they share the beds and there are anywhere from 3 – 6 children in their families).
Wow, after I look at this list of what I easily take for granted in my daily life I have to stop complaining and get a reality check of how these people live their daily lives! My heart really goes out to the families in Sabolciu. My heart just breaks for them but there is only so much I can do for them. I think though the greatest gift I can give them is Jesus and His love. I desire to show them God’s love through my life and words. Please pray for me that I will be God’s instrument to reach out to them more and more each time I go there. Please pray that I will truly learn to see them through God’s eyes and not my own because it is so easy to see things through your own perspective and not God’s. I desire to be God’s hands, feet and mouth when I’m there. Thank-you for your prayers!
Oh, a huge praise report!! Aubrey is coming in June (she arrives June 15th) for at least a year and she’ll be working full-time in Sabolciu with Norbi, Mircea and I!! She also wants to spend more time there so she is currently raising support for a car too. I would love too, to spend more time with the kids there so it will be great to go more often to Sabolciu together. Please pray for Aubrey as she is currently fundraising full-time now and pray that God will bring the extra money for her to get a car too for the ministry at Sabolciu! Thanks for praying for her!
This evening I also had an amazing time with my small group I joined 3 weeks ago. It was my third time going there and it was amazing! I sent my small group leader a text and told her I had a rough week last week and I asked her if I could share and ask for prayer. So, I did that today and also everyone in the group went around and shared about themselves which was such a blessing from God! I feel like I know them better and they told me that we’ll get to know each other more. I also have something in common with three of the girls in my group which is we all minister to gypsy children! One of them is a teacher in a gypsy village. Next week we’re going to have a picnic together which will be fun. Wow, last week I was feeling lonely and now I am starting to get to know my small group (there’s 9 people in my small group). Everyone in the group speaks English which is nice. Eventually I want to speak to them in Romanian but right now I think we’ll go back and forth with the languages. I just praise God for the new friends He is giving me here in Oradea!
Wow, my heart is filled with praise to God for what He is doing! Thank-you so much to everyone that is praying for me, I appreciate it far more then what I could possibility put into words and I am seeing God do so many miracles through your prayers! I pray for God’s blessing on each of you every day as you are up holding me in your prayers!