Monday June 28, 2010
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you are doing well! I hope you’re having a great start to the summer and the weather is good where you live. It’s hard to believe that summer is already here.
Children’s Day celebration in Sabolciu
On Tuesday June 1st we celebrated Children’s Day in Romania with the children in Sabolciu gypsy village! We had a special celebration for the children in Sabolciu. We invited all of the children into the church (some of the parents came too) for the celebration. We brought snack food to celebrate this special occasion. I was very thankful that three of the teen guys helped us with the children which was such a blessing because it was much more under control then we thought it would be! We asked all of the children to sit down on the benches. We gave each child a drink and some snack food. Norbi prayed before we started and when we were finished. Norbi also told all of the children of the importance it is to go to school. I think the children really enjoyed the time at the church!
Two weeks ago Aubrey arrived from North Carolina and she’ll be serving with us on staff for at least a year here in Romania! In April Aubrey connected with me through facebook. It has been such a blessing for me to meet her through facebook and keep in touch with her for a couple of months before she arrived in Romania. When she got here I felt like God had already connected our hearts together so when I met her for the first time in person it felt Iike I already knew her.
I am so excited that God has called Aubrey here because we’ll be working full-time together with the children at the Sabolciu gypsy village. She has been to Romania before on short-term trips which is where God gave her the passion and love for the children in Sabolciu. It’s really exciting to be able to serve with someone who has the same passion as you do! Aubrey is going to get a car so we will be able to go to Sabolciu everyday but not just for a couple of hours but for the whole day!! God has given us both lots of ideas and dreams of what we can do in Sabolciu to expand the ministry there. There is one thing that has been burning on my heart for the ministry there since Iast week but I can’t share it publicily yet but please do pray for this. Thanks! It’s going to be awesome to see these things come to pass and watch God do the impossible!
Conference in Hungary
Last week (June 21 – 26) I went to to the Calgary Chapel Eastern European Leadership conference. We stayed at their beautiful conference centre which formerly used to be a castle in Vajta, Hungary. I went to the conference with three of my co-workers (Dan, Tabita and Aubrey) and my directors family also went too (they traveled in another car). The day before the conference (Sunday June 20) we went to Budapest and spent the day there. We had a great time but tiring from all the walking we did! Last Friday I also went to Szekesfehervar (it is a town 45 minutes from Vajta) with Dan and Tabita for the afternoon. It was really nice to see another town in Hungary and get out for the afternoon.
It was a wonderful to attend the conference last week. There were 300 people that attended and there were 16 different countries that were represented there of missionaries, pastors and church leaders. It was such a blessing to meet so many people from different nationalities! I met missionaries from the United States who are serving in Europe, people from Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Russia. It felt like a taste of heaven as we worshipped God with so many different nationalities in the room! We were blessed to have three guest speakers from the United States. It was great to spend last week to take a break from the busyness of life and ministry and take time to seek God and fellowship with others!
- I praise God for the special Children’s Day celebration we were able to give the children!
- I praise God for God calling Aubrey to Romania to reach out to the children in Sabolciu with us!
- I praise God for providing a cat sitter both for the conference and when I go to the camp in July!
- I praise God for the wonderful week I had in Vajta, Hungary at the leadership conference!
- This summer will be quite busy with three teams that will come here (two in July and one in August). We would appreciate your prayers as the teams come to minister to the children here that lives will be touched for eternality.
- I would appreciate your continual prayers that God will help me to continue to improve in my Romanian and to stop being afraid or self-doubting myself but believe in who God says I am!
- I am very grateful for all of the friends God has placed in my life since I moved to Oradea. Please pray that these friendships may continue to deepen as I really need close friends and I also desire a prayer partner as well.
- For my relationship with God that I will continue to have a heart that is hungry for Him.
Thank-you for all of your prayers and encouraging e-mails. I appreciate it so much!!
My Contact info:
Address: Pathway to Joy Ministries. Bd. Stefan cel Mare 88, Oradea, Bihor, 410437, Romania
Home Landline phone # 011. 40. 359. 424. 077 (if calling from Canada or USA)
My blog: http://romaniangirl98.spaces.live.com – check out my daily updates!
Financial support can be sent to: (please have my name written on the memo line)
In Canada: Christian Life Centre. 1030 Ravenscroft Rd, Ajax. ON L1T 4R9
In the States: Pathway to Joy Ministries 1415 Wiley Street, Hollywood, Florida 33020