Thursday November 4, 2010
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you are doing well! I cannot believe that I have been in Oradea for 7 months already. Wow, where does the time go? Time has definitely flown by so fast that I didn’t even realize that I have been here that long already.
Fall October team!
Our fall team arrived on Saturday October 9th and they stayed until Saturday October 16th. They were a wonderful small team of six people from Indiana. I went with my co-worker Mircea to pick them up at the Budapest airport the day they arrived. Aubrey’s friend Rhonda visited Romania that same week and she also arrived the same day as the team. Rhonda was supposed to arrive three hours before the team but when we couldn’t find her when we got to the airport I began to worry. Thankfully Rhonda got the next flight and she arrived just before the team did and everything worked out in the end! It was a blessing to greet the team when they arrived and I also helped with the orientation as well. This team was another great team to work with but unfortunately I wasn’t able to spend as much time with them as the previous teams because their schedule conflicted with my ministry time at Sabolciu. The team seem to enjoy their time with the babies at the hospital in the mornings and with the orphan children in the afternoons. I am so grateful they were able to come to Sabolciu a couple of times for church on Sunday and they also blessed the families with food packages another day too. When I was with them I felt so blessed by their servant hearts and the encouragement they gave me!
Gypsy Ministry at Sabolciu
This past month has been quite a different month of ministry in the Sabolciu gypsy village compared to what I usually do here. The first two weeks of the month I was there a lot but the last two weeks of the month I was hardly there at all. The reason why I was not at the village much the second half of the month was because we had to concentrate on getting the fall child sponsorship updates finished which meant we had less time with the children. I never realized how much time it took to do updates with interviewing the children, taking pictures, writing the updates, proof reading, etc but I’m grateful for the funding we have for this vital ministry we have with the children. The last couple of weeks I have also been sorting through donated clothes that we have received for the families in Sabolciu as well.
On Wednesday October 13th, I had a special early birthday celebration with Aubrey and two young girls from Sabolciu. Aubrey asked me if there are any kids that I’d really like to spend the day with in Oradea for the day and I thought right away of taking Maria and Lensi because they are two of our favourite girls! So, we had a little girl’s day! We had such a FUN day with them! There were so many cute and priceless moments throughout the day with them. There were countless times when I smiled and laughed because I just took in and enjoyed every moment as I watched Maria and Lensi enjoy their little moments in Oradea! It was their first time in the car, their first time having a bath in the tub with warm water and going to the city! We dressed them in pink outfits, took them to MacDonald’s for ice cream and played with them in the park.
My Bible Study Group
Recently I just completed my second Bible study with my small group from Viată Nouă (New Life) church. On Thursday October 14th we did our last session of our ten week study we did on the patriarchs by Beth Moore and WOW was it a great study as we looked more in depth in the lives of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Doing this Bible study was such a blessing beyond what I can put into words because I learned so much from it as we took a journey through the book of Genesis and the DVD teachings by Beth Moore enhanced the study even more. Our last session together for this study we also had a little celebration for my birthday too. It was so nice of them to pray for me and sing “Happy Birthday” to me in Romanian! I have been a part of this group since April. My small group will do two studies next but I will only do one of them because of the busyness of my schedule. Last week we just started our new study on the book of Esther by Beth Moore but this time it will a bi-weekly study and it will only be with the girls. I know it will be another great study!
- I praise God for the Indiana team that came and blessed the families in Sabolciu with food packages and also blessed the staff here with their encouragement!
- I praise God for the fun day Aubrey and I had with the two girls from Sabolciu!
- I praise God for the opportunity to be involved in a Bible study group where I can grow in God!
- I praise God for my cat Minnie. She is a wonderful gift from God and she gives me joy everyday!
- I praise God that I found a Christian dentist and I was able to get my teeth taken care of this past month for a cheap price!
- For continual prayers for the ministry at Sabolciu. I especially would like your prayers for God to increase my ministry time in the village with the children to at least 15 hours a week because currently on a regular week I am only going there 5 hours a week and that’s on a good week. My heart is being continually torn to pieces because I know that God has called me into full-time ministry with the children there. I feel I can do so much more if I can be there a lot more.
- For my continual Romanian language learning especially in my fluently in my speaking.
- For continual prayer for closer friendships with my friends. Sometimes I still struggle a bit with loneliness. I also desire to meet with a friend once a week to pray together (a prayer partner).
I would like to thank-you for all of your encouraging e-mails, facebook posts and prayers. I would also like to say thank-you for remembering me on my birthday! I really appreciate it! You’re such a blessing!
My Contact info:
Address: Pathway to Joy Ministries. Bd. Stefan cel Mare 88, Oradea, Bihor, 410437, Romania
Home Landline phone # 011. 40. 359. 424. 077 (if calling from Canada or USA)
My NEW blog: https://romaniangirl98.wordpress.com/ – check out my daily updates!
Financial support can be sent to: (please have my name written on the memo line)
In Canada: Christian Life Centre. 1030 Ravenscroft Rd, Ajax. ON L1T 4R9
In the States: Pathway to Joy Ministries 1415 Wiley Street, Hollywood, Florida 33020