Saturday February 19, 2011

I was very surprised that I had a good day today (well not in the evening, more on that at the end of the entry) considering the stressful emotional overwhelming day I had yesterday. Around 12:30pm I met with Lori. Originally I thought we were going to meet for an hour or so to just go over the paper work I would need for my Romanian visa but I ended up spending the entire day with Lori, her husband Stephen and their daughter Csilla. It was actually really nice to take my mind off the shock that hit me yesterday and go out with them.

We went out for lunch at a restaurant. I did not expect to go out with lunch with them nor

Lori, Csilla and I

did I expect to get treated out either so that was a blessing. Lori had a hair appointment so she asked me if I wanted to go with her and get a haircut too. I thought to myself why not because the last time I got a haircut was in the summer. It was really great to get to them know a bit better. I ended up sharing a bit of my testimony and different obstacles that I had faced along the way throughout the journey that God has placed me on. They encouraged me a lot and told me that everything will be okay.

I mentioned to Lori that I am looking for someone to stay in my apartment during the time I need to be out of the country and take care of my cat for me. I told her that I will pay my rent and bills so all I need is for someone to just house/ cat sit for me while I’ll be in Canada. She told me that she knows the perfect person to help me. I said out loud “that’s great, tell me about her”.

Lori then goes on to tell me that her name is Pami, she is a gypsy girl from Tinca, she is a Christian and her father is a Pastor. She told me that Pami stayed at their house for three years and is very trustworthy. Lori told me that she helped her get into medical university in Oradea, she is currently studying there and she’s doing well. Lori also told me that if I decide for Pami to stay in my apartment this would really help her out a lot because then she wouldn’t have to pay money to commute back and forth from Tinca to Oradea.

After Lori told me everything about Pami, I then went on to ask her how she is with cats because I need this person to help me with this. Lori then went to tell me that she is fine with cats and she is lived with their cat they have now. I told her that it sounds like the perfect solution but before I make my final decision I would like to meet her first. Lori called her and we made arrangements for us to meet on Monday morning.

After I had a really nice day with Lori, her husband and their daughter I came home to a very unpleasant moment. In the morning I called Karen who is my director because I wanted to tell her about what happened at the immigration office yesterday. At the time I called her in the morning she was busy and she couldn’t talk. She told me that she would call me back in an hour. I told her alright and told her that we’d talk later.

Well I didn’t hear back from her the rest of the day so when I got home around 8:00pm I decided to call her. Unfortunately it wasn’t the most pleasant conversation at all and in fact by the end of the almost ten minute phone call I was just speechless. So, the good day I had turned into the worse day ever. Basically my director was very upset of how I handled the situation with my Romanian visa and I think she had a negative reaction from the e-mail that I sent out. I must be a lot more careful how I send out prayer requests e-mails out in the future. I did not understand why my director was so upset at me. After that phone call I felt very emotionally crushed and broken. I cried so hard that I shook.

I decided to call Lori and tell her what happened so she told me right away that she will pick me up and take me to her house for a bit. I was so thankful that Lori took me back to her house and we were able to talk. Then I called my parents on Skype at her house and told them what happened. I was so glad that I was able to talk to my parents at Lori and Stephen’s house. After I spoke to them I was able to calm myself down a bit but I still went home very down.

When I came home I ended up talking to Kim (she works at Pathway to Joy’s American office) and told her about what happened today. Kim and Sally who was with her encouraged and prayed for me, that really meant a lot to me for them to take the time to do that. I went to bed that night feeling broken.   I remembered that I asked God for His peace and comfort so I could fall asleep and not stay up all night thinking about that phone call I had that evening.

About Andrea

I am from Whitby, Ontario. I have lived in Romania for 9 years as a missionary but I am currently in Canada on a sabbatical break at this time. I have also lived in South Korea for a year and I have also been to Russia, Uganda, Albania and the Czech Republic on short-term mission trips. In 2012, God also gave me an amazing opportunity to go to Mozambique for the Harvest Mission School with Iris Ministries as well. I love children, reaching out to people who are in need and vulnerable, I have a passion to fight against the injustice issue of human trafficking and to simply share the love of Jesus wherever I go. I also love cats too and I have a cat of my own named Minnie!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s