Today I received good news and bad news. I got the good news in the afternoon so I will write about it first. The good news is I was able to get a hold of Cornel Bucur who is my director in Romania. We ended up speaking to each other on the phone twice. We spoke a bit about my situation and then he gave me the contact info for Sorina Ciucurita who has been working on getting an office set up in Canada for Pathway to Joy Ministries.
I decided to send an e-mail to Sorina to let her know of my situation and also that my parents and I are also interested in helping too. I got a reply back from her right away and it was good news! She thanked me for my e-mail and for the ministry that I have been doing in Romania with the children there.
Sorina told me the process of setting up the Canadian office of Pathway to Joy took longer than expected, for a number of reasons, however they are now in the final stage. They will meet with the lawyer next week to go over the final draft, the documents will have to be signed by the three members of the board of the directors, after which they will proceed with the incorporation. After this step is complete, she understands from their lawyer that the next step is to apply for the charity.
Their objectives had be very well defined to ensure they covered all aspects that this organization would want to get involved with (short and long term), to avoid further implications, such as additional expenses to make changes to the application and/or facing impediments to help with a specific cause or the inability to associate with other organizations serving similar purposes.
She told me that they are over all these now and with God’s help should see things come together soon. She also told me in the mean time they will find ways to assist me with properly channelling my support, to allow me to continue to fulfill the passion that God has set on my heart. She told me that she is confident that God will open the doors for them. She told me that she knows of another organization called “Power of Faith Missions”. This is a local Canadian registered charity that is currently in Romania and it might be possible to channel my support through them until Pathway to Joy’ Ministries’ office in Canada gets opened up.
Now I will share the bad news that I have received today. I don’t like bad news at all but I would like to share it because I know you are probably interested in hearing what the result from the interview I had last week with the PAOC. Darcy McAlister was the one who interviewed me last week and this evening I received an e-mail from him.
He told me in his e-mail that they have reviewed my ministry involved and plan and they talked it over with the leadership within the region, they decided not to accept my application at this time. He told me that I have made a choice to work with a ministry in Romania, that is a good ministry from what they can see, but it is not a PAOC mission or part of the PAOC’s regional strategic plan. They would not be acting as my overseers/ leadership as part of the organization I am serving with.
When I received the “rejection e-mail” from the PAOC it was a huge disappointment to me. I guess I did not expect them to not to accept me because I had hoped to return to Romania to go under my church’s domination which I have been a part of for 24 years. I have to just keep trusting in God that He will continue to open up the doors for me through my current organization that I am serving with. I should not lose hope because God is faithful. I would really, really appreciate your prayers during this time that my financial support situation would be able to get resolved before I return to Romania in June. Thank-you for your prayers!