“I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
Today I decided to take another day to fast and pray my breakfast and lunch. I spent a lot of time just worshipping God, praying and reading my Bible. I still don’t understand why I am in the situation I am in right now and to be honest it is very painful but I am sure God has a reason for this. I really need to let go and allow God to work in my heart during this difficult time.
This afternoon I picked up my pen and I just started journaling everything God has been teaching me during the last few days. I was amazed as I wrote in my journal the words just kept coming! It was like God was speaking to me as I wrote. After I felt like I was done I thought to myself “Wow, now that was God because I was not planning on writing half of those things down!”
I would like to share with you in this blog entry some of the things that God has been teaching me during this time. I hope the Lord speaks to your heart as He did to mine as I wrote them in my journal.
– I need to learn to be humble more because humility is extremely important in our walk with God and also in our relationships with others.
– I need to learn what it means to submit more both to God and to the people who are in leadership because submission is extremely important lesson to learn especially if I ever want to be in any form of leadership. I must first learn to be submissive before God can place me in any degree of leadership.
– My quiet time and prayer time is extremely important in my relationship with God. If I desire to continue to grow and mature in my walk with the Lord then I need to remember that it is very important to not only spend daily time with God but to have consistent time with Him every day.
– If I’d like to write something on my facebook page but I have a bad day, then instead of expressing about my frustrations, opinions or just about my bad. If I really don’t have anything good to write about that day then instead to think and write something that I am thankful for or writing a scripture verse. In other words turn my negative to a positive and praise God.
– I need to start expressing words of life and not death. As I do this more and more it will start to flow more naturally as I express myself in this way.
– I have to stop thinking and speaking out of my emotions because this behaviour is reflecting what I believe and people see that. God wants me to be a reflection of Him in everything I do and say so people will see Christ in me.
– When I start changing what I think, say and write both to others and to myself then my belief system and my behaviour will start to change. My life will start to transform too and I will start to see a difference in myself. This also includes the way I approach my language learning with my Romanian too.
– If I start changing and acting out these things both to people and to myself then I believe in the future I will have more healthier relationships with myself and everyone around me that I interact with on a daily basis and also my future relationships too.
– God desires His children to have a teachable heart, to grow and mature during the difficult times or at any time.