This morning when I had my quiet time with God I received kind of like a revelation from God. A thought entered my mind that I believe that God had revealed to me. It was like a light bulb clicked in my mind and I suddenly realized why I need this “alone time” right now. The thought that came to me was “it is almost as if God has forced me to be at home right to have this time of solitude with Him”.
Even though this time for me is very difficult because my heart is longing to be with the kids but I think God is now giving me a reality check to slow down, spend time with Him and learn the things now that I need to grow and mature in certain areas of my life. God is looking at our character and He wants us to grow. This is my heart’s desire for God to use this time to strengthen my faith in Him and for Him to change me to become more like Him.
I honestly did not know exactly what solitude meant so I looked it up on the internet. I found such a great article called “The requirements of Solitude”. (Here’s the link to the article: http://ulrikegrace.hubpages.com/hub/The-Gift-And-Struggle-of-Solitude). I learned so much from this article!
Some things that I learned were:
– Solitude takes quieting, patience and time.
– Solitude requires that I willingly let go of control especially in the areas of emotions, circumstances and events.
– Solitude is a state of heart rather than a state of circumstance or presence.
– Solitude is a place of rest in the arms of the unseen. It is a place of sustenance of provision of what lies ahead.
– Solitude is a place of highest calling. Examples of people in the Bible who met with God in this place of solitude are: Moses, Joshua and Jesus.
– The place of solitude is a place both of quietness, restfulness but it can also be a time of struggle.
– It is not a physical place. Not a place to only visit only once but it a place of return again and again. It is not a geographical place but a place of the heart.
When I read this article today it really taught me a lot. I believe in my heart that God has brought me into this place of solitude right now and I need to allow God to use this time for growth in my walk with Him. I believe that God is calling His children into this place of rest and trust in Him.
After I read this article I also realized too that I need to dedicate my mornings once again to God especially in those early hours of the day to have that imitate time with Him before the busyness of the day begins. God spoke to me on January 1st of this year after I attended a conference in Timisoara to have my quiet time with Him at 6:00am. My year started off well the first couple of months but then I slid into sleeping in late again so I really feel in my heart to dedicate this time again to God.
Today I stayed home. I spent some time with God and worked on my blog the rest of the day. I am so glad that I was able to write six more entries on my blog so I had a successful day working on my blog! Minnie (my cat) and I also spent some quality time playing together too. I just love having my own cat here in Romania!!