“The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, peace of mind, or even your happiness. It’s far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born BY his purpose and FOR his purpose.”
A quote a friend of mine posted on facebook.
I started off my day with the Lord in the morning around 7:00am. It was so great to spend a couple of hours with God in the morning just worshipping Him, praying and reading my Bible. I just love spending that real intimate time with God. I also listened to a really great sermon online from the Father’s House church (a church in Rochester, New York). The sermon was called “You can’t control the future” and Denis Johnson preached the message. It was such a powerful message on how God has such an amazing future in store for us! The scripture passage was from Genesis 12:1-4.
Some of the things I got from this message and I wrote in my notebook are:
– When God speaks it is not just about communication and information. When God has a word He speaks out and sets things into motion by His very word.
– God wants to speak into our lives and set things in motion that is according to His purposes, His plans and His dreams for our lives.
– God is looking for people to have an ear to hear Him and to make His word a priority.
– God wants to take us to places that He has destined for us but sometimes we need to cut off some things in our life to go forward.
– God wants us to place Him first in our life and be His true discipline – totally abandoned and surrendered to Him.
– When God starts something in your life He is always faithful to bring it to pass (Philippians 1:6).
– God wants us to just listen to Him, to obey and just stop making excuses.
– When we begin to engage the will of God we will encounter obstacles and opposition in our life. There is an enemy on the other side who is trying to keep us from accomplishing God’s will. The enemy will put fear and discouragement into your life to keep us from going forward.
– When God says something He will make it happen. God inside of you is greater than whatever opposition you may face. God will rise up a standard that will go against the enemy, that will try to come against you like a flood to stop you from doing what God has called you to do but it is not your problem. It is God’s problem. You just have to be available and obedient and say to God “I will go where you say for me to go and do what you say for me to do.” Then say to God “and you have got to do the rest.”
– God doesn’t just show and tell us where to go but He goes with us and before us.
– God is able to do the impossible! We just need to let go and trust in Him.
– God wants to bless us more than what we could ever image!
The rest of the day I stayed home. I intended to work on my newsletter but unfortunately I did not have very accomplishing day. My goal for tomorrow is to work on my August newsletter and hopefully get it out no later than Saturday. I do apologize for the delay! I am very glad that I finally got my blog caught up again so at least I was able to get that accomplished.
Today I just felt stressed out about my Romanian visa situation again however I did get some good news though. I finally got a hold of that missionary family that I have been trying to get a hold of and Simona their social worker who did all of their paper work for their visas also contacted me today. Simona was able to e-mail me examples of the two papers that I need to finish my paper work. What an answer to prayer that it! Praise God!!
I also typed up the list for my job description for my paper work today. I’m so thankful that my friend Cristina was able to translate it for me. I hope to be able to return to immigration office no later than Monday September 12th to finish everything for my new Romanian volunteer visa. I would appreciate your continual prayers for this situation because it has been quite stressful lately. Thanks!