Day 5 – “I just don’t measure
up as a Christian.
|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says:
“I just don’t measure up as a Christian.” I’m sure we’ve all felt like that before.
Let’s change it TODAY:
1. You’re already “UP”. Ephesians 2:6 says you are seated with Him in heavenly places. Believe it: You are ABOVE ONLY! Deuteronomy 28:13
2. If you compare, you despair. Stop comparing. 2 Corinthians 10:12 We misunderstand life and ourselves when we compare ourselves to others.
3. Understand the race. It’s not against anyone else. It’s the race to run YOUR course. 2 Timothy 4:7—No one else is on YOUR course. It’s what God has planned for YOU. Jeremiah 29:11
4. Don’t pretend to have it all together. Admit, like Paul the apostle, “I don’t always do the good that I want to do.” Romans 7:19
5. When God sees you, He sees Jesus. If you are born-again, you are His righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:17, 21
6. See God’s arms open wide. Whenever you fall, you can run to Him. 1 John 2:1, John 6:37
7. You are just as amazing as the people you most admire. Believe that. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! Psalm 139:14
Think It & Say It:
I DO measure up, because God has raised me up and seated me with Christ in heavenly places. I am above only. I refuse to compare myself to others. I am inferior to no one. I am running the race God has for ME. I am His righteousness, and if I fall, He picks me back up, in Jesus’ Name.
By Pastor Gregory Dickow