Day 17 – “I should stop giving
because I’m not receiving.”
|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “I should stop giving because I’m not receiving.”Whether it’s love you’re giving or money, or blessing someone else—it’s tempting to give up because we’re not seeing results.Let’s change it today:
1. Shift your thinking to the REASON for giving.God so loved the world that He gave (John 3:16). Give because you love God and love helping people.
2. Expect to receive greater happiness when you give. In Acts 20:35 Jesus said, you’re more blessed—happy, fortunate, to be envied—when you give.
3. Flood your mind with Luke 6:38. Give and IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU—GOOD MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKEN TOGETHER & RUNNING OVER. These are not a mere man’s words; but Jesus’ words.
4. You were born to give. It’s IN you. You are made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26). Therefore, it’s YOUR HIGHEST DESIRE TO GIVE. You are satisfied when you give, because you are imitating God (Ephesians 5:1).
5. Giving was “born” to receive. Giving has within itself the DNA to come back to you. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7) Stop trying to receive. Simply give.
6. Give up on giving up. You will reap if you do not faint (Galatians 6:9).
7. Give up your timetable. There is no set time on when you will receive but: your harvest will come. (Genesis 8:22)
Think It & Say It:
I give because I love God and love seeing people blessed. I am happier when I give. I was born to give. And giving was born to receive. My giving is coming back to me in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. I GIVE UP giving up on my harvest, in Jesus’ Name.
By Pastor Gregory Dickow