Day 19 – “God keeps us humble
by keeping us poor.”
|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “God keeps us humble by keeping us poor.”
Let’s change this today:
1. God humbles us by BLESSING US when we don’t deserve it; not by keeping us poor. Deuteronomy 8:3 says, “He humbled you…by feeding you”.
2. God NEVER caused poverty or lack in the Bible. He solves poverty. (Luke 4:18) He delivers from lack. (Psalm 34:10)
3. Expect Him to solve poverty in your life and deliver you from lack TODAY. He’s the same yesterday, today & forever (Hebrews 13:8)
4. Redefine POOR in SPIRIT. We are to be POOR in SPIRIT; not poor in material, emotional or physical health.
5. Poor in spirit means: dependent upon God; knowing that we are nothing without Him; emptying ourself of all self-trust. (Proverbs 3:5)
6. We humble OURSELVES, by RECEIVING God’s WORD as our very life. (James 1:21)
Think It & Say It:
God humbles me by blessing me! I will lack no good thing, since He is my source and my life. I choose to be poor IN SPIRIT, by being dependent upon Him, and He provides for all my needs, according to His riches, grace and glory, in Jesus’ Name.
By Pastor Gregory Dickow