Day 23 – “God is sending this storm to teach
me a lesson or build my character.”
|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “God is sending this storm to teach me a lesson or build my character.”
Let’s change this TODAY:
1. God is the source of our SHELTER; but not the source of the storm. Isaiah 25:4 says, “…You are a refuge from the storm…”
2. Jesus rebuked the storm. Therefore it couldn’t have come from God. He wouldn’t rebuke what He sent. (Mark 4:39)
3. Declare PEACE in the midst of your storm. (Mark 4:38-39) That builds character.
4. Believe God’s promise, no matter what things look like. (Matthew 7:24) That builds your character.
5. Wisdom is greater than the storm. And wisdom is to build your life upon the Word of God. (Matthew 7:24-25)
6. God gives every good gift (James 1:17). It was Satan, not God that smote Job. (Job 2:7) Let’s renew our thinking.
Think It & Say It:
God is not the source of my storm, but He is my shelter in the midst of it. I agree with Jesus and take authority over the storms of life, and declare PEACE in the midst of them. I walk in wisdom by acting on the Word, and I rise above every storm, in the name of Jesus!
By Pastor Gregory Dickow