Day 25 – “I can’t seem to
stop this anxiety.”
|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “I can’t seem to stop this anxiety.”
Some of the symptoms of anxiety include: heart palpitations, tension, fatigue, nausea, chest pain, shortness of breath, stomach aches, and headaches.
Let’s change it today:
1. Treat anxiety as a signal rather than a condition. It is a signal to pray, and prayer will change the thing you are facing. (Philippians 4:6-7)
2. More praying about “it” = less worrying about “it”. James 5:16 says effectual, fervent prayer avails MUCH.
3. When panic attacks, attack back! How do we attack anxiety and panic? By speaking God’s Word out of our mouth. (Proverbs 18:21)
4. It’s not your fault! Embrace this truth. Don’t blame yourself for feeling anxious. (John 10:10)
5. Remember your value. Because you are so valuable in God’s eyes, He will care for you. (Matthew 6:26-31)
6. Breathe praise to God. (Psalm 150:6) Experts agree breathing helps overcome anxiety. But when you BREATHE praise to God, anxiety flees. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Think It & Say It:
By Pastor Gregory Dickow