Day 28 – Fast from excuse-making mentalities
|Today we’re fasting from excuse-making mentalities. Success cannot come to the person who makes excuses.
Let’s change it today!
1. Refuse to excuse mediocrity. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 says “…Excel still more…” Don’t give in to the temptation to settle for where you’re at. Press forward for more of what He has for you. (Philippians 3:13-14)
2. Refuse to excuse the way you grew up…saying that you were born on the wrong side of the tracks or you’re limited by your upbringing. You may have been born on the wrong side of the tracks, but you’ve been born again; and you don’t have to stay there. Cross the tracks NOW. (Romans 8:37)
3. Refuse to excuse unforgiveness. We sometimes think, “you just don’t know what they did to me”, but the truth is: God knows what WE did to HIM and He still forgives us. Let it go.
4. Refuse to excuse lack of support. In John 5:7 the lame man said, “I have no man to help me.” He used that as an excuse to remain in his condition. Even if everyone lets us down, God will support us. (Psalm 27:10)
5. Redirect your effort. It takes EFFORT to come up with excuses. Redirect the same energy, toward finding a solution—and you will. Matthew7:7.
6. Faith Finds a way! Luke 5:18-20 says, “When they could not find a way to get in, they went up on the roof and lowered their friend…right in front of Jesus.” Refuse to accept that there is no way.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
By Pastor Gregory Dickow