June 27, 2016
Hello Family and Friends,
I hope you are doing well! Can you believe that we are now at the end of the month of June and the summer season has begun? It is hard to believe how quickly time goes by!
Shine Seminar 2016
I flew to Amsterdam on April 6th for a six week training course on human trafficking that is held every year at the YWAM Amsterdam base. The course ended on May 21st but the graduation was the day before. There were four staff and 20 students in my class including myself. We had 11 different nationalities which was quite an international community along us. I felt so blessed to be a part of such an incredible class! Everyone came with their hearts so passionate for God and He has given each of them a vision to reach out to the hurting and broken people in this world especially in the area to bring hope and love where people have been affected by the injustice issue of human trafficking.
During the six weeks it was extremely busy and intense. Our weeks had a very full and packed schedule but everything was amazing! Every week we had different themes for our classes and a range of different teachers that taught on a variety of different topics. We had classes in the morning and in the afternoon; in the evenings we also had different programs as well like outreach, small group and the base’s weekly gathering where we usually had worship and intercession. I am also very thankful for the activities that God blessed me with especially when I went on a private boat ride with my classmates in the canals, visited the Corrie Boom house/ museum and enjoyed the cafes.
YWAM Central European Conference
After my time in Amsterdam I spent a couple of days at the YWAM Budapest base and then I went to the YWAM Central European staff gathering in Vajta, Hungary which was held at the Calgary Chapel conference centre from May 23rd – 27th. This conference is held every other year but this was the first time I was able to attend it so it was definitely a blessing from God to be able to have the opportunity to go to it. During the time at the conference it was definitely a time of reunions and a time to connect with friends that I met over the last few years since I have been in YWAM.
At the conference there were 35 different nations that were represented, 14 different YWAM country locations that were represented and there were 249 people who came which included all of the children and the three outreach teams that came to help with the children’s ministries. God also blessed us with a very special treat for this conference which was our YWAM founders were our main speakers who are Loren and Darlene Cunningham. It was just really amazing to be able to meet them, hear their hearts that is filled with so much passion for God and the wealth of experience they brought was incredible.
“However, it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit.” – 1 Corinthians 2:10
I’m in a HUGE transition!
During my time when I was in Amsterdam God definitely enlarged the vision that He has called me to and took me deeper into His heart during the time I was there. God spoke to me a lot during my time there and brought a lot of confirmation to my heart especially regarding serving with YWAM in the DTS ministry with a more specific focus on Justice and Human Trafficking. One of the things the Lord spoke to me through one of the teachers that we had was “The work of bringing justice is all about discipleship.” The Lord also spoke to me again of how He is calling me to minister to girls who are at risk, vulnerable and are trafficked and to bring hope, love and freedom to them.
Something that God has been making very clear to me over the last few months is He is calling me to serve Him in the nations and He is now bringing an end to my season here with YWAM Târgu Mureş and also for now my time in Romania which is a huge transition to me! God has given me a lot of “sign posts” and direction about taking the next step in the upcoming season that He is calling me into. One of the things God spoke to me to do next is to go to the YWAM LA base in the States to do their leadership and ministry development school which is a 3 month course and it is offered this fall.
The Good-byes Have Begun
On Friday June 24th in the evening I had a good-bye party/ prayer send off at the YWAM base where I have been serving at the last 3 years. There were around 17 people that came out and our time together was such a blessing beyond what I could put into words. We had a great time of fellowship, enjoyed some delicious food, we worshiped together and they also prayed for me as well.
The next day (June 25th) in the evening God gave me an opportunity to spend it with my best friend Cristina and her two children Luiza and Andrei. It was really difficult to say good-bye to Cristina because I can honestly say that she is one of my best friends that I have here in Romania and we have been known each other for a long time too (we met in June 2007). There will still be more good-byes to come until I leave which won’t be so easy at all especially when it will be time to say good-bye to Miriam (we lived together for 3 years) and of course leaving Romania that has been my home for 9 years as well.
- I praise God for the opportunity that He gave me to go to the Shine Seminar in Amsterdam and also attend the YWAM Central European staff gathering conference in Hungary.
- I praise God for how He has been speaking to me and walking me through this transition time.
- I praise God for all of the people that He has blessed me with here in Romania who have been such an encouragement to me throughout the years as I have lived here.
- For God to continue to take care of all of the details that still need to be done before I leave for Canada. The most urgent need is for the cat carrier to arrive no later than tomorrow.
- For God to place His protection and His hands of favor upon my trip to Canada. God spoke to me when I was in Amsterdam about flying to the nations with Minnie (my cat) so this will be our very first trip together on the bus and on the plane. We will take a bus from Târgu Mureş, Romania to Budapest on June 29th at 6:00pm, arrive early the next morning and then we will have a direct flight from Budapest to Toronto on June 30th. The flight is with Air Canada, it leaves at 12:00 and it arrives at 3:40pm. Please pray that this will not be such a stressful time for my cat and that everything will go well with the customs as well.
- For God to fill me with His perfect peace that passes all understanding during this time of transition and as I wait on Him for the next step including the YWAM LA’s decision for me to be a part of their fall leadership and ministry development school.
My heart is filled with so much gratitude for all of your prayers and encouragement. It really means a lot to me. Thank-you so much!
My Contact info:
Address: Andrea Weber Str. Liviu Rebreanu Bl 31A, Apt. 20 Târgu Mureş Jud. Mureş 540015 Romania
My blog: https://romaniangirl98.wordpress.com/ – Please check it out for the NEW updates!
Financial support can be sent to:
In Canada: (please have my name written on the memo line with my code WA15)
YWAM Project Funding, Box 57100, RPO East Hastings, Vancouver BC, V5K 5G6
In the States: (please have my name written on a separate paper – it cannot be on the cheque)
YWAM, PO Box 3000, Garden Valley, TX 75771-3000