- Canada – Ontario (born there), British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, PEI (Prince Edward Island)
- United States – New York, Florida, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Texas, Montana.
- Seoul, South Korea (September 2005 – August 2006) – Taught English
- Osaka, Japan (March 2006) – Visa run for South Korea
- Romania (Short-term trips: 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005 and lived there: April 2007 – June 2016 – Târgu Mureş and Oradea) and various other cities
- Petersburg, Russia (Spring 2002) – School missions placement
- Family Caribbean cruise – Costa Maya, Mexico, Cozumel, Mexico, Montego, Jamaica (November 2004)
- Family Caribbean cruise – San Juan, Oranjestad, Aruba, Philipsburg, St. Maarten and St. Thomas (April 2008)
- Budapest and Vajta, Hungary – Visited and for 2 conferences
- Pemba, Mozambique (fall 2012) – Missions Training School
- Buvuma Islands and Arua, Uganda (spring 2014) – Missions
- Durres and Elbasan, Albania (February 22 – April 5, 2015) – Missions
- Nuremberg, Germany (July 9 – 12, 2015) – Awakening Europe conference
- Prague and Cheb, Czech Republic (Dec. 6, ‘15 – Jan. 7,’ 16) – Missions
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (April 6 – May 21, 2016) – Human trafficking training school
To be continued…
I believe God has given me a heart and a calling on my life to continue to say YES to Him wherever He leads me to go in the future in whatever way that looks like in this incredible beautiful world we live in. In September 2014, God started to burn the nation of Cambodia on my heart which is when He began to speak to me about calling me into the human trafficking ministry field in the future. I have a desire to return to Europe and God has also put it on my heart to lead short-term outreach teams to foreign countries as a part of a discipleship training school.
There have been many times I been antsy to return overseas since I have been in Canada but I know God’s timing is perfect even though we may not understand it at the time. I also believe in my heart that God has a reason and a purpose for me to be in Canada at this time in my life too. When I was at the YWAM Amsterdam base in the spring of 2016 when I did a human trafficking training school God gave a vision to one of the girls in my small group of me on an eagle, which represented God. The eagle flew me to the nations and my cat Minnie was even sitting on one of my shoulders going with me.
Where are some of the countries and cities you would like to visit in the world and explore new places? Would you like to visit and connect with family and friends? How about experience a short-term mission’s trip or even move to a foreign country to do a ministry that God puts on your heart to share the love the Jesus? There are many opportunities to work abroad.
Some examples are: teach English as a foreign language, journalism, au pair/ nanny, travel blogging, freelance writer, website and graphic design, work on a cruise ship, the medical profession, etc. For young college students many people do exchange programs for their school or do a gap year backpacking experience. Another reason is simply because you just want to enjoy an adventurous or relaxing vacation with your family or friends.
From my personal experience of why I love to travel besides being a part of incredible
ministry opportunities that God has opened up for me over the years there are so many other reasons as well. I have been able to learn to grow out of my comfort zone to try new things like learn new languages, learn another culture, learn to eat with chopsticks, and learn to be more independent and also other experiences that have stretched me. There have been opportunities to connect with friends in other cities and countries. I have gained more training and education when I have traveled. There have been times where I just enjoyed a relaxing vacation in different places as well.
I am really excited to see where God is going to lead to me to go next! I am just waiting with a lot of anticipation in my heart. The list I have put together is just a part of my journey that God has placed me on and I believe it will keep on growing throughout the years ahead so keep your eyes open to what is next!
How about you? I would love to encourage you to go for it wherever in the world your heart is longing to go and experience! The opportunities are endless. I would love to hear of some of the places you have been to and hear your stories as well.